Our Tea Story
In 2014 TGG Foundation took over the maintenance of the Green Gardens estate. Our achieved vision has been to transform the farm into a zero waste, sustainable and ethical project that empowers the rural community. By choosing to handpick and hand process the green tea we have created significant employment opportunities and ensured that the end product is of the highest quality.
If you have a passionate for ethical produce and are interested in collaborating with us, then we welcome you visit our farm to engage in the production process. A day visit will involve tea picking with the farm workers and culminates in a tasting session. Contact us to find out more.
In addition, members of the Responsible Indian Mission (RIM) are offered a one night free stay at the farm. Contact us for booking/RIM information.
Health Benefits of Green Tea
- It is full of antioxidants, which may lower your risk of various types of cancer
- It is known to boost the metabolic rate of the body, which can lead to weight loss
- It is believed to reduce bad cholesterol in the blood
- The catechin compounds in green tea can improve brain function in the short and long term
- Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels, thus lowering the risk of diabetes
Wholesale Tea Supplier
At TGG our green tea is handpicked and hand crafted to perfection. If you are interested in purchasing bulk quantities (min 5KG) of our tea then please contact us today to order.
About TGG Foundation
The Golden Greens (TGG) Foundation is the CSR arm of TGG consulting group. We are a not-for-profit organization committed to improving the lives of people in rural India by creating sustainable livelihood opportunities. All profits from the sales of our green tea are distributed across further rural development activates; predominantly women empowerment projects such as handicrafts, nurseries and small scale units for food processing, tailoring and printing.