Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
In 2018, Navajyoti (Kerala), the self help group supported by TGG Foundation, has turned their hands to make, pure cold pressed ‘Virgin Coconut Oil’ using manual process.
Since the oil is not processed through direct heating and is separated from fresh coconuts with an alternate procedure of extraction, virgin coconut oil is unquestionably more extravagant in benefits than normal coconut oil. It has got high content of vitamin E and cancer preventive agents which makes it suitable for raw consumption. The durability of virgin coconut oil is long and therefore it doesn’t go foul that easily. As the oil is rich with Lauric acid, a component which is found in breast milk, it proves good for one’s health.
Health benefits of “Virgin Coconut Oil”
1. Thyroid-stimulating: Research shows that coconut oil contains fatty acids that stimulates metabolism, gives you more energy.
2. Lowers cholesterol: It is rich in lauric acid which protects your heart by reducing LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol.
3. Helps with weight loss: The healthy medium chain fatty acids present in virgin coconut oil do not circulate in the bloodstream like other fats; they are sent directly to the liver and are converted into energy. Thus the body does not store the fat in virgin coconut oil as fat; it uses it to produce energy instead.
4. Helps keep diabetes in check: It does not produce an insulin spike in your bloodstream. Instead it helps control blood sugar by improving the secretion of insulin.
5. Supports the immune system. It is rich in lauric acid, a nutrient that supports the body’s immune system.
6. Good for the skin: When applied externally it forms a protective antibacterial layer protecting the infected body part. It also speeds up the healing process of bruises by helping to repair damaged tissue.
7. Ancient medicine: Coconut oil extracted from coconut milk has been part of Ayurvedic medicine for 5,000 years in India.
TGG Foundation Charitable Trust
Wayanad Country Homes,