research – develop – implement
1. Medicinal Plants and its health benefits: The search plants with health properties are in progress at present and an in-depth research will be carried out to understand its medicinal properties and its application. Click here to read more
2. Tea: Research about the factors that are affecting the quality of tea processing like cultural factors such as standard of plucking, pruning, irrigation, shading, manuring, pest management and Atmospheric factors such as Temperature, Humidity of air, Intensity of sunshine, Rainfall and Soil management factors such as soil moisture, soil PH, soil temp, drainage to improve the quality (Colour, brightness, strength and aroma) of orthodox green & black tea production.
3. Essential oil from Green Tea: Tea leaves have Antioxidant properties and the aroma of the tea is due to the presence of the oil present in it. An intense research to derive the oil systematically without the loss of energy and through maximum utilisation of available resources with zero waste is the aspect of research.
1. Permaculture : ( permanent agriculture) is a system of agricultural and social design principles centered around simulating or directly utilizing the patterns and features observed in natural ecosystems. Fundamental principles of permaculture is to work with nature not against, mimic natural patterns and principles, encourage diversity, use of local resources, conservation of soil and water and cause minimal disturbance to nature, We are implementing a model project at The Green Gardens farm in Wayanad.
2. Green Tea Unit: We have developed a handcrafted green tea unit using the traditional knowledge of pan-drying and steaming process to make both mild and orthodox hand made green tea. It is highly energy efficient and easy to operate. We can help set-up this unit for small tea growers doing their cultivation ethically and having an organic certification.
3. Chemical free skin care products: Goat milk soap, Nourishing oils and Aromatic oils
4. Medicinal plantation: Kerala has a rich tradition and knowledge of Ayurveda and a lot of medicinal plants are found in Wayanad & Nilgiri region.
Wayanad Country Homes, Onneyar, Vaduvanchal-P.O, Wayanad, Kerala, India